Museum Pass Policy
Museum Pass Policy
The Stowe Free Library offers museum passes for borrowers. The passes give the passholder free or reduced admission to a variety of museums and parks. The passes are sponsored by the Friends of the Stowe Free Library.
- Museum passes may be borrowed by anyone holding a library card in good standing. To check out a reserved pass, the patron must present their library card.
- You may check out one museum pass per family, per day and two per family, per month.
- Museum passes are available on a first come, first serve basis. Museum passes may be reserved by phone. To reserve a pass, call the day you want the pass to see if it is available. Museum passes must be picked up the day they are reserved. Passes not picked up by the end of the day, will be considered a no-show and released to the public.
- Laminated passes are checked out for 48 hours. They are due before the close of business on the day they are due. When returning them during library business hours, return them inside the library. The book drop can be used to return passes when we are not open. Coupon passes do not have to be returned.
- If passes have not been reserved by other patrons, same day walk-in pick up will be honored.
- Laminated passes must be returned the day they are due. Late passes will be charged a $2.00 fine per day up to the cost of the pass. Lost passes will be charged the replacement value of the pass.
The Board of Trustees reserves the right to amend this policy, and to rule on situations not specifically covered herein. The Board of Trustees and the Library Director shall review this policy as deemed necessary.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees in 2011.
When you reread a classic you do not see more in the book than you did before; you see more in you than was there before.Clifton Fadiman