Mission, Vision, and Values
To Welcome … To Inspire … To Enrich the Mind.
Stowe Free Library strives to be the primary community center and a portal to knowledge, opportunity, and diverse resources.
The Trustees and Staff of the Stowe Free Library value:
- Maintaining and growing a vibrant, well-loved and well-used community center.
- Establishing an early and continuing love of reading and learning.
- Keeping pace with emerging technology.
- Maintaining a popular circulation collection driven primarily by user interests and requests.
- An emphasis on customer service.
- Recognizing and encouraging a diversity of patrons, our supporters and volunteers from Stowe and beyond.
- Investing in the professional future of our staff to ensure a skilled and creative workforce.
- Developing web-based services for patrons beyond the library walls.
- Fostering collaboration with other organizations and groups for programs for our patrons
- Fostering collaboration with state and national library groups for the success of the library.
- Trustee advocacy.
Created and approved by the Stowe Free Library Board of Trustees in June 2009. Revised January 2014.
My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.Abraham Lincoln